Back Office MarketPlace Unique Project
It contains all the products that can be sold on the marketplace. It is completed by the sellers. Another term for this is product import.
An offer refers to a price, a stock, and a state of a product that a seller wants to sell on the marketplace. Each offer is unique and directly linked to a seller. It is the information shown to the clients on the website.
Back office marketplace is a tool that enables the following functionalities:
– To fill in e-shop, catalog and offers information
– To manage and retrieve orders and customer complaints
– To monitor their activity thanks to the dashboards (sales and quality)
– To export accounting information
This is the project name. The aim is to unify Fnac and Darty back offices. At the end of the project, Fnac Back Office will become Fnac Darty Back Office. Fnac Catalog Portal (also known as Mirakl Fnac), used by France and Belgium markets, will become Fnac Darty Catalog Portal.
It is the current Back Office tool of Darty Marketplace through which sellers can manage their catalog, offers, orders and customer complaints. Mirakl is an external solution.
At the end of the project, Fnac Darty Back Office which is the internal solution of Fnac Darty and will replace Mirakl Back Office.
Fnac Back Office enables sellers to manage their offers, orders, and customer complaints.
It will be kept and extended to Darty during the BOMP Unique project to become Fnac Darty Back Office.
The Fnac Catalog Portal (Mirakl Fnac) is the tool where sellers submit their catalog (which means import their products).
It will be kept in the BOMP Unique project. At the end of the project, it will only be necessary to submit one catalog to integrate it on both platforms (Fnac and Darty) for France and Belgium markets.
This tool is a solution managed by Mirakl.
Seller’s account and KYC
There will not only be one Back Office access using a single account to manage all e-shops, as this functionality is not part of the BOMP Unique project. Indeed, the BOMP Unique project is a prerequisite to the development of the single access functionality. However, this functionality is part of Fnac Darty roadmap.
It will not be necessary to create a new account on Fnac Darty Back Office, even for sellers who only sell on the Darty marketplace. Indeed, all sellers already have an account which corresponds to their Darty shop on Fnac Back Office tool, as it is through this account that they completed their KYC file. The login details used for completing the KYC file are the ones to be used to access Darty seller’s e-shop on the Fnac Darty Back Office starting from the migration of the 2nd batch on offers & orders.
The BOMP Unique project does not impact the KYC certification process. Therefore, it will not be required to go through the certification process after the migrations.
Key information on the project
All e-shops and sellers who are selling on Darty Marketplace.
Through this project, Fnac Darty is bringing on the conditions to accelerate the evolution of its marketplace. BOMP Unique project is the first step of Fnac Darty roadmap for its marketplace, which aims to:
• To bring more services, facilitate sellers activities management and guide them with final customers.
• To initiate the implementation of a multi countries and multi companies platform to make it easier to sell on the different marketplaces of the Fnac Darty group.
The steps that will require actions from all users of Darty Mirakl Back Office are the following:
• 1st quarter of 2023 with the migration of the product import functionality
• 1st quarter of 2024 with the migration of all other functionalities (offers, orders, after-sales service, etc.)
The rest of the time, the project will not affect external parties since it is dedicated to technical developments.
Dividing the project into batches enables a first migration during the first quarter of 2023.
Division of the project into two batches:
– Offers and orders
The migration of the catalog takes place in the first quarter of 2023. Offers, orders and remaining functionalities are migrating in the first quarter of 2024.
The usual marketplace contacts are regularly informed of the project and its progress by the team in charge of the project.
Indeed, an internal team is dedicated to this project to make sure it moves forward according to plan, without disrupting the activity of the marketplace.
All partners (integrators, aggregators) have been made aware of the project. They receive communications and will also have dedicated webinars. Do not hesitate to contact them directly if you have any questions about their organization.
\\\ Catalog migration will be organized by product family.
- We will communicate a time range to sellers to submit their Darty catalog (product import) in two formats: one through Fnac Catalog Portal and one through Darty Back Office Marketplace.
- At the end of the catalog migration, only one format will remain: the Fnac Catalog Portal. The product import will require only one catalog submission for uploading data on both marketplaces (Fnac and Darty) for France and Belgium markets.
- Nb: for sellers who already submit their product imports on both marketplaces (via Mirakl Fnac and via Mirakl Darty), the catalog migration will have no impact.
\\\Offers & Orders migration will be organized by sellers.
Additional information will be communicated later, ahead of the migrations.
Marketplace management platforms are also informed of this project through a specific communication plan to ensure the continuity of services and to anticipate migrations.
We will communicate through three channels:
- The website https://fnacdartymarketplace.com to retrieve all information about the project
- Occasional emails will be sent to provide information on key items such as migration dates
- Webinars will be scheduled for training and Q&A sessions to encourage discussions.
At the end of the catalog migration, only one product import will be required to submit a product catalog on both marketplaces (Fnac & Darty) for France and Belgium markets. It will be through the Mirakl catalog portal of Fnac Darty.
In 2024, there will be one unique Back Office for Fnac and Darty to manage each e-shop, orders and customer complaints.
All the training documents related to the project, as well as the slides and recordings of the webinars are available on the dedicated page of the site: Training documents
Batch 1 – Catalog
This first stage of the project concerns the implementation of a single product catalog between Fnac and Darty marketplaces for the French and Belgian markets. Regarding the offers and orders, nothing changes for the moment.
– Product import will only be done on the Mirakl Fnac catalog portal (also called MCM), which is the tool currently used by the Fnac marketplace: sellers will be able to submit their catalog only once so that it can be integrated on both platforms.
– Following the switchover, Mirakl Fnac catalog portal will become Mirakl Fnac Darty Catalogue Manager (MCM) and will be used for product import for both marketplaces
– Sellers on the Darty marketplace will still have access to the Mirakl Darty Back Office to integrate their offers and access their order management and customer complaints.
– Seeing a list of who has modified an item record and the date of modification
– Modifying an element of an existing item record (title, image, and other elements) without the seller being the creator of the item record
– Making mass corrections or modifications and being able to select multiple item records and modify elements. For example, replace the category of an entire selection by assigning a new category.
Here is the overall schedule as it is planned to date:
Please note that sellers will receive personalised email to announce the beginning and the end of the period during which they will be affected.
It’s important to consider these emails in priority.
These sellers use the Mirakl Darty tool and will need to familiarize themselves with the Mirakl Fnac (MCM) catalog portal:
– Sellers need to start submitting product imports on the Mirakl Fnac catalog portal (MCM) as soon as they are invited to do so by email
Before using Mirakl Fnac portal (MCM), it’s important to wait to be invited to do it by email
– Sellers keep submitting product imports on Mirakl Darty as usual
These sellers are already familiar with the Mirakl Fnac catalog portal (MCM), which they use to submit their references to the Fnac catalog. Therefore, for them, nothing changes in terms of operation during the switchover:
– Sellers keep submitting product imports on the Mirakl Fnac catalog portal (MCM) as usual, while adding the specific Darty product references if they are not already included
The product catalog submitted on Mirakl Fnac and on Mirakl Darty must contain a list of identical products
– Sellers keep submitting product imports on Mirakl Darty as usual
Batch 2 – Offer and Order
This second batch of the project concerns all functionalities other than product import: offers, orders, customer complaints, billing, etc.
This switchover consists of unifying the back office marketplace on the basis of the existing Fnac platform: the BOMP solution. Main points to remember
– The sellers present on Fnac and Darty will have 2 distinct stores. From an IT point of view, Darty will behave as a “market” of Fnac (like Fnac Belgium for example)
– The Fnac and Darty websites will remain separate
The switchover batch 2 will not be done in double run as for batch 1. It will be a one shot switchover.
Here is the schedule as it is planned to date
Due to a constraint of one of our technical partners, we had to anticipate this switchover as you can see on the schedule.
The target date is May 22.
Offers: the offers will be in the same format on Fnac and Darty, they will have to be pushed back after the switchover to be up to date
Data continuity :
– Orders: the BOMP will contain the same orders as those present in Mirakl Darty at the time of the switchover (identical ID / identical status but different wording between Fnac and Darty / different store ID). After the switchover, orders issued from BOMP will be updated while Mirakl orders will no longer evolve, and can no longer be updated by the seller.
– Customer complaints: the BOMP will contain all customer and vendor messages from open complaints present in Mirakl Darty at the time of the switchover. It will of course be possible for the customer to open a complaints on an order placed in Mirakl Darty after the switchover. This complaints will be visible to the seller on on its Darty shop on the BOMP.
– Balance: the BOMP will contain the same seller’s balance as the one present on Mirakl Darty at the time of the switchover and will then be updated according to the evolution of orders (existing and new).
In order to prepare for this changeover, information will need to be pushed back by the sellers (offers & store settings).
Other information will be directly included in the new solution (orders, claims, balance).
For sellers who use API, a test environment identical to the one already used on Fnac will be available and will allow you to test offers import, and generate orders.
For more information regarding the actions that need to be carried out depending on the offers imports method (API, manual…), it is possible to consult the page of the site dedicated to batch 2 (here).
In order to offer you the best support during this changeover, we provide you with the following communication and training elements:
– Regular communications to keep you informed of the status of the switchover
– Training guides with video tutorials to facilitate the use of the BOMP tool. They will be accessible continuously on the dedicated page of the website (here).
– Webinars session in April and May
– A dedicated support to answer your questions
Of course, this website and its FAQ will also be regularly updated according to the progress of the switchover preparation, do not hesitate to consult it!
How Mirakl Fnac works
No, you will not need to redo the import if you have the same catalog on Fnac and Darty.
Normally you do not have to recreate your entire catalog even if we do not exclude that certain references must be re-imported. During the switchover, products will have to be imported at two levels: on Fnac and Darty to ensure transfer and continuity.
You are always free of the amount set for your prices (but please be reasonable, the gap between both platforms don’t have to be too big)
You can only modify a sheet by plugging into the same EAN. Any seller who does not sell the product in question will therefore not be able to modify the sheet concerned.
There will always be this “master” role. However, sellers who sell the same EAN will be able to modify the product sheet: this is a way to facilitate its completion.
No, you must always create your product sheet in the destination language.
Nothing changes on the structure of the categories. Besides you still have the mandatory attributes as on the import by Excel file.
Absolutely, nothing changes regarding the automation of your feed. We confirm that everything will be automatable and the link will be made between your shop and the integrators.
Yes, nothing changes regarding commissions.
Yes it is still possible. We remind you, however, that it will not be possible to create the products both by this method and by another (form, file import and API)
You must request the export from your account manager or contact email@example.com
Accepted formats are JPEG and PNG on Mirakl Darty. The URL that links to the image also works.